Look for an element on the periodic table that would act similarly to carbon. Once you have identified one, be sure to discuss the following in your justification.
• Examine and discuss the outer electron shell and chemical bonding characteristics of this new element.
• Specifically describe how the outer shell would make this new element bond as carbon does.
• Then you should specifically discuss or draw two chemical reactions to form macromolecules with this different element. For example, make a molecule like glucose but without any carbons (replace carbon with your new element). Images will work great here; they can be hand or computer drawn or you may be able to find some on the internet.
• Cite your references!
Choose two of the defining characteristics of life and design an experiment to test each in your alien lifeform. Be sure that your design includes all the following points.
• Dependent and independent variables
• Control and experimental groups
• Standardized variables
• The specific type of data you would collect
• How you would analyze and present these data
• What pieces of data/evidence you would need to support your hypothesis. Alternatively, what evidence would disprove your hypothesis?
The post Biological Astronaut appeared first on homework handlers.